Coaches Gathering Recap – April 2023
This month during our Coaches Gathering we discussed spiritual warfare. We know it is real, especially when we begin our YadaFactor Experience courses. Ann and Christine kicked off the discussion by recognizing and naming some of the spiritual warfare we experience and our coaches shared their personal experiences as well.
A main takeaway from the event: Be Encouraged! The entire YadaFactor Board and team are praying over all of our coaches and participants, by name, up to and during our courses. Please do not hesitate to call Ann or Christine. We are here to listen, pray with you, and provide encouragement.
Below is a summary of our discussion and resources to consider when you feel overwhelmed from spiritual warfare.
- The warfare is real! We all have experienced it at some time during coaching.
- We know that the enemy wouldn’t be fighting so hard against us if we weren’t making a difference for His kingdom.
- The worst thing is not the last thing.
- When we are feeling attacked, be reminded of how many of our participants are impacted. Our participant testimonies tell the bigger story!
- The enemy is both a bully and a beguiler!
- Examples of bullying:
- Technology – Zoom and internet connections
- Coaches – Personal and family health/relationships/circumstances
- Participants – some very heavy life circumstances
- Examples of beguiling:
- Insecurity! Worry not competent or worthy.
- Exhaustion after coaching.
- Wondering if you talked too much in a coach gathering!
- Examples of bullying:
Ways to fight spiritual warfare and the enemy
- Name it and acknowledge it! You are not alone!
- Yada about it in your journals.
- Reach out! Don’t suffer alone. We’re here to pray and the entire board is praying for the coaches and participants each semester!
- Text or call Ann or Christine and we will stop and pray immediately and out loud with you when possible.
- Listen to praise music. Have a playlist handy to refer to quickly.
- Read scripture for encouragement.
Some verses on warfare
John 10:10 – The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. (NIV)
Ephesians 6:10-18 – (10)Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. (11) Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. (12) For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. (13) Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. (14) Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, (15) and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. (16) In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. (17) Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. (18) And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.
1 John 4:4 – You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. (NIV)
A good article to reference